Blinking of Alarm LED: 8 times
Error: Warning: The ink absorber becomes almost full. 
Service Call Errors
Cycles of Blinking of Alarm and Power LEDs: 7 times
Error [Error code]: Ink absorber full [5B00, 5B01]
Solution: Reset the printer
How to Reset Canon Pixma iP110 error ink absorber is full [5B00] [5B01]
STEP 1 - Enter Service Mode
Service mode operation procedures
1) Turn off the printer
2) Press and hold the STOP button
3) Press and hold the ON button (do not release both buttons)
4) Release the STOP button (do not release the ON button)
5) While holding the ON button, press the STOP button 5 times, and release the ON and STOP buttons together.
About point 5):
While holding the ON button, press and release the STOP button 4 times, then press and hold the STOP buttons, then release both the ON and STOP buttons together.
- When the power LED lights in green, it means the printer is ready for the service mode operation.
- If the power LED does not turn green, the printer fails to enter Service Mode. Please, turn off the printer and then repeat Service mode operation procedures.
STEP 2 - Reset error Ink Absorber Full [5B00] [5B01]
To reset error Ink Absorber Full for Canon Pixma iP110 use:
1. Canon Service Tool v.4420 (Recommended)
Because of the Canon Service Tool v.4420 is not available, as an alternative, use the Canon Service Tool v.4720, or the Canon Service Tool v.4718. In this post, I will discuss, how to reset the Canon Pixma iP110 with the Canon Service Tool v.4720. For how to reset the Canon Pixma iP110 with the Canon Service Tool v.4718, follow the link above.
Reset Canon Pixma iP110 with Canon Service Tool v.4720
- Before running this tool, make sure the printer in the Service Mode position.
- Download Service Tool v.4720
- Extract file and open ST4720.
- Load paper A4 or Letter
- For your reference in servicing, print EEPROM (1) information before resetting. Wait for the printer to finish printing.
- Clear Ink Counter, select MAIN (2) and then click SET (3). After the ink absorber counter is reset, the counter value is printed automatically. Wait for the printer to finish printing.
- Set Destination, select your Region (4): ASA, AUS, BRA, CHN, CND, EMB, EUR, JPN, KOR, LTN, TWN, USA and then click SET (5)
- Print EEPROM (1) information once again after resetting. Wait for the printer to finish printing.
- Compare EEPROM information before and after reset.
- If all goes well, close Service Tool
- Turn off the printer (wait 10 seconds)
- Turn on printer and printer ready to use