Operator Call Errors
How to Reset Canon Pixma E460 Series - Error Ink Absorber Full [5B00]Canon Pixma E460 Series: E460, E461, E462, E463, E464, E465, E466, E467, E468
- Number of flashes of the alarm light: 8 times
- Error: The ink absorber is almost full
- Error code: 
Service Call Errors
- The number of flashing cycles of the lamp: 7 times
- Error: Ink absorber full
- Error code: [5B00]
Solution: Reset the printer
Reset Canon Pixma E460, E461, E462, E463, E464, E465, E466, E467, E468 error Ink Absorber Full [5B00]
Before resetting, the printer must be in Service Mode.
STEP 1 - Enter Service Mode
Service mode operation procedures:
1) Turn off a printer
2) Press and hold the STOP button
3) Press and hold the ON button (do not release both buttons)
4) Release the STOP button (do not release the ON button)
5) While holding the ON button, press the STOP button 5 times **, and then release both the ON and STOP buttons together.
About point 5):
While holding the ON button, press and releasethe STOP button 4 times, then press and hold the STOP buttons, then release both the ON and STOP buttons together.
**: To disable scanner error detection and start the printer in service mode, press the STOP button 6 times.
When the power LED lights in green, it means the printer is ready for the service mode operation.
If the power LED does not turn green, the printer fails to enter Service Mode. Please, turn off the printer and then repeat Service mode operation procedures.
STEP 2 - Reset error Ink Absorber Full [5B00]
To reset error Ink Absorber Full for Canon Pixma E460 Series use:
1. Canon Service Tool v.4502 (Recommended)
2. Canon Service Tool v.4720 (Alternative)
Because of the Canon Service Tool v.4502 is not available, as an alternative use the Canon Service Tool v.4720. In this post, I will discuss how to reset the Canon Pixma E460 Series with the Canon Service Tool v.4720.
- Before running the tool, make sure the printer in the Service Mode.
- Download Service Tool v.4720
- Extract file and open ST4720.
- Load paper A4 or Letter
- For your reference in servicing, print EEPROM (1) information before resetting. Wait for the printer to finish printing.
- Clear Ink Counter, select MAIN (2) and then click SET (3). After the ink absorber counter is reset, the counter value is printed automatically. Wait for the printer to finish printing.
- Set Destination, select your Region (4): ASA, AUS, BRA, CHN, CND, EMB, EUR, JPN, KOR, LTN, TWN, USA and then click SET (5)
- Print EEPROM (1) information once again after resetting. Wait for the printer to finish printing.
- Compare EEPROM information before and after reset.
- If all goes well, close Service Tool
- Turn off the printer (wait 10 seconds)
- Turn on printer and printer ready to use. Finish.